Junior UX Researcher
Who are we, what do we do? 🚀🌟
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love. Come and get on the rocket ship.
So who are we looking for? 👋🏻
We are looking for a UX Researcher to join the 11:FS Research and Benchmarking team’s Pulse product. You will:
- Conduct expert UX analysis of financial services apps and websites, based on videos recorded by users and remote screen sharing sessions with users.
- Draft written content based on these analyses, following the 11:FS Pulse style guide, including timestamped commentary and overall ratings using the Nielsen Norman usability heuristics.
- Produce editorial content to guide Pulse users towards particularly interesting or high-quality product experiences, eg producing playlists with commentary, contributing to newsletter content
- Contribute to client research projects by providing UX and competitor analysis of FS products and recommendations for clients to implement in their own products.
- Proofreading content drafted by freelance writers, to maintain quality standards and adherence to our style guide.
- Help the Pulse team identify new financial service products to include in the platform.
- Working with the video editors to ensure that all video content is correctly anonymised.
- Supporting, when necessary, with voiceovers for Pulse videos providing analysis of content.
- Support the Content Team with general administrative information.
- Provide support to Pulse users to surface relevant information via Intercom.
- Assisting in the management of a pipeline of content for Pulse, working with video editors, content requesters and content writers.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the financial services industry, with a particular focus on trends and Fintech innovations.
- Experience with quantitative research methods would be a bonus.
How will you fit in?
This is ultimately a partnership amongst smart, talented and like-minded enthusiasts coming together to change the industry we hold so dear to our hearts. This financial structure is basically code and was born as code, to fit right in, you’ll want to be the person finding infinite ways to build on Blockchain.
Some of the things we deem benefits? 👑♛🤡
11:FS is just over 3 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at most times. So think Flexible Working, competitive salary/day rate, and the autonomy to enable you to help shape the destiny of this great company. You'll be joining us to work with one of THE BEST teams in financial services. And this goes to saying that we have an outstanding team of company leaders, project leaders and subject matter of experts in every division you come into.
So if you're hoping for an opportunity that allows you to reach those stars, a collaborative environment like this will no doubt get you there!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.