Social Media Manager
Who are we, what do we do?
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love. Come and get on the rocket ship.
What you'll do.
We’re looking for the ‘mullet’ of the social media world. Business in the front, party in the back.
You’ve got a little bit of an embarrassment of riches at your disposal. You’ll own the organic strategy and content distribution for all 11:FS Podcasts, 11:FS blog, 11:FS Pulse, and 11:FS Team communications across all of the service and business lines. Phew that’s a lot of content!
For us, Social Media is extremely important. We take pride in having a great community behind us across our social channels, and we need someone who can strike a key balance between our fun, pop-culture heavy personality - and our very serious passion for shaping the future of our industry.
You’ll be someone who often surprises us with creative ideas, proactive thinking, and you’ll be willing to take a few risks every now and again. You’ll understand that there are processes that we follow to ensure our content distribution always goes smoothly, and that outside of that, you’ll have a big playground of over 30,000 combined followers across our channels to engage with in surprising, interesting, and humorous ways.
There are four key pillars to making this role a success:
Tracking & scheduling content:
- Owns and creates the organic social media content calendar, working cross-functionally with the 11:FS Media team and 11:FS marketing team.
- Tracks 11:FS press coverage, live event coverage, and community comments on social channels
- Analyzes day-to-day data constantly looking for ways to improve engagement; delivers monthly organic report to the wider marketing team to help focus efforts and measure effectiveness of the company initiatives.
- Follows 11:FS brand guidelines in all social media
- Leads and educates 11:FS internal staff on appropriate social media guidelines
- Assesses and reports on PR and brand risks as and when they arise
- Collaborate directly with the design team to ensure social media graphics are sized, sourced, and optimized.
- Work with our internal teams to develop campaigns and approaches that use social media to engage and activate our audience.
- Act as first point-of-contact for any questions or comments that arise on social media, responding in a timely manner to fans and followers and/or escalating questions to leadership when necessary.
- Engage with other communities that discuss related topics related to 11:FS. Think outside the box, we’re not just FS, we’re tech, too!
- Find bloggers, forums, and potential influencers to work with to build a brand ambassadors network across social channels
- Provide strategic recommendations to the team on insights gathered from the community
Document Our Rise:
- Day to day documentation for social of all the crazy things that go on in the 11:FS office. This could be from Vitalik Buterin or the CEO of a bank dropping in for a chat or a podcast or Suki the dog swinging by to bark.
- We do so many events. SO MANY! You’ll be on point to live tweet the living hell out of those bad boys.
- We don’t do business class lounge photos for our instagram. We do hard work and hustle. You are the behind the scenes reporter documenting the rise of this team. Trials, tribulations and tantrums.
Some of the things we deem benefits?
11:FS is just 2 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at most times. So you’ll get Flexible Working, a competitive salary/day rate, and the autonomy to enable you to help shape the future of the company. You'll be joining us to work with THE BEST team in financial services. We have an outstanding team of company leaders, project leaders, and subject-matter experts in every division you come into.
*No agencies please, we're not trying to be rude, but very likely to ignore unsolicited CVs because it’s just not the way we do things here! *
- At least 2 years of professional experience managing social media accounts
- Familiar with publishing tools across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, Periscope.
- Extensive knowledge of a scheduling tool like Buffer.
- At least 1 to 2 years experience with social monitoring and measurement platforms
- Comfortable managing content distribution across multiple company accounts and channels
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent social copywriting skills
- Flexible attitude; ability to pivot based on content priorities
- An understanding of the sales and marketing funnel, with strong communication skills, and some sales skills preferable.