Product Manager - Chicago or Stateside
Who are we, what do we do? 🚀🌟
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love. Come and get on the rocket ship.
What you'll be doing, 💼🤓
Essentially, you are going to be joining our most creative second office from the mothership. This isn't about being different from London, this is about joining Sam Maule, our #workdad MD over here, doing great stuff together. We have been quietly attracting talent globally like bees to a beehive, but we figured its time to the let the World know we need more of you. 🥂 📹
You will be a Senior Product Manager to join a growing Product team on a mission to build out a pioneering digital capability.
In essence, you will be responsible for the following:
- We are looking for a customer development / product lead to lead specific client engagements. In a small highly skilled team, you will work together with the best designers, engineers, strategists, and tier 1 clients, to create and develop world class digital financial propositions and get them to market.
- Customer insights and development - You will lead work on identifying the ‘jobs to be done’ for different end-customer segments, structuring primary and secondary research into insightful proposition ideas and proposals
- Create proposition - You will develop and sell a solution to stakeholders that brings together a real answer to a customer need, remixing design patterns, understanding what can be built in software, and what the potential business model could be
- MVP Development and test - You will lead a team that develops that proposition into a small but perfectly formed product in a number of sprints. Aiming to create a live product that can be tested with real customers, forming the basis of future development and iteration
- Roadmap - You will help shape the roadmap and backlog of work, supporting and directing the team in planning how the product will develop in specific markets
- Work with stakeholders - You will work with the team and Senior execs from client organisations to 'sell the dream’ and execute the plan faster than they would think is possible
To make this happen, you will need to be someone we like. Joking. We want you to be how we described below, but let's face it there's no unicorn 🦄🦄🌟🌟 out there. You simply need to know what we thrive for, and what makes us tick. I think that's far more difficult that having these experience and skills:
Leading the growth of a stellar product team in the region you are in, you should have a passion for product design, to make something that both customers and operators love to use, an analytical mind, to assess customer and business need and value, to effectively prioritise in line with product strategy, able to explain complicated concepts to a diverse audience and a very clear experience in turning end-customer interviews and insights into amazing products and services
Basically, you will be the person bringing our talents and expertise over from the UK to this side of the world, impart your knowledge and work with a world class team of fintech pros in hopes to change the way traditional banking works and directly change the lives of customers.
Reach those damn stars, no more excuses, come JOIN US!
Oh, there's a note for you, the work is in Chicago but you can be based anywhere Stateside. You'll just need to know there'll be some travelling involved!