Motion Graphics Designer
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team rethinking what it takes to operate in a digital world. We’re helping firms build and launch next generation digital financial propositions around the globe.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose - from Consulting, Research and Benchmarking, to 11:FS Foundry team and, most relevant to this role, a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation.
To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Come and get on the rocket ship.
Who are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for outstanding, creative individuals and talented designers who are brimming with motion graphics and graphic design ideas.
We want someone who can create amazing visuals and motion designs that make 11:FS and it’s related services come to life. Someone who will create branding and design concepts that will support and enhance 11:FS as the market-leading brand for building digital financial services, industry-leading podcasts and live events.
You will have several years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience.
- Expert level user of the Adobe Creative Suite, with particular focus on After Effects.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Portfolio evidence of compelling graphic design and motion design work demonstrating creative flair.
- Able to plan time effectively and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong eye for composition, movement and depth.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to talk through your design decisions with a diverse range of people, evidence of successfully collaborating and sharing your ideas.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Degree in visual/motion design discipline preferred.
What will you be doing here?
- Creating design assets to promote 11:FS, it’s services and Media content.
- Supporting the end-to-end creative process from concept / ideation phase through to execution.
- Creating high quality assets for a range of channels such as social, live events, and live streaming video.
- Creating videos and other illustrative assets for the next generation of digital banks.
- Supporting video and event production.
What will you not be doing here?
- Working on one thing for months on end
- Working on one tiny detail as a small cog in a big machine
- Waiting for permission before doing anything – just go for it
What do we like?
You aren’t afraid of a blank page and have the conceptual and visual ability to draw on your illustration/design skills, but add something special that makes people say ‘damn, that’s slick’.
You can tell a good story around any piece of work – it doesn't just look good, but you can explain why it's been created that way, to anyone who needs to hear it. And hopefully make them laugh along the way.
Any designer worth their salt can make a pretty picture. But if we want to promote a new podcast, a new client project, or create an identity for a new live event we need exceptional thinker who can take the technical and abstract and translate that into assets that will grab our audience’s attention.
We're not talking about motivation here, that should be a given. All of our people at all levels are free to own their work and think creatively. You need to care about the quality of the work you do and the impact it will have on the lives of the people you’re creating it for.
Do I need financial services experience?
It's definitely a bonus, but no you don't need it. We are not a bank and the studio couldn't be further from a banking environment.
If you arrive here really knowing your design onions, our research tool Pulse will give you access to every fintech UI you'd ever want to see to get you up to speed.
Who will you be working with?
In the last three years we have built an amazing team from the best in start-ups, design studios, agencies and financial services. Our people have co-founded and grown challengers like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond, and transformed banks.
You will be an integral member of the design tribe, working with people who've been creating the digital banks you now own a card from.
11:FS is just 3 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at most times. So think Flexible Working, competitive salary/day rate, and the autonomy to enable you to help shape the destiny of this great company. You'll be joining us to work with one of THE BEST teams in financial services. And this goes to saying that we have an outstanding team of company leaders, project leaders and subject matter of experts in every division you come into.
You only live once, make it count
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.