Product Designers - UX/UI
Who are we, what do we do? 🚀🌟
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love. Come and get on the rocket ship.
What you'll be doing, 💼🤓
Essentially, you are going to be joining our most creative corner of the office, the one we call it the design studio. 🥂
Your day to day will include:
You will create and develop world class digital financial propositions in a small highly skilled team of the best engineers and product people. Working with tier 1 clients and customers to get great propositions to market fast.
- You use design patterns that work – You have great taste in interfaces, you know what patterns work, and which don’t’. You don’t feel like you have to start from scratch on each project, you remix the best patterns to deliver something elegant and intuitive, with just a touch of personal flare.
- You create elegant customer journeys – You know that if a customer journey is jarring, it fails. Your work is simple, thoughtful, and elegant. Your interfaces feel right - delivering directly to ‘jobs to be done’.
- You work fast – Having worked in fast paced environments, you understand that pixel perfect is nice, and iterations are needed, but equally you have to “ship it” today.
- You don’t design things that can’t be built – You understand enough about app and web development to design interfaces and customer journeys that can be built. You can probably code a little, and can talk with engineers about implementation details with ease
- You create hi-fidelity clickable interfaces – You know that interfaces and journeys need to be experienced to know if they work or not, so you create and test them with yourself and others
- You can communicate with the team about your choices, tradeoffs, and design decisions you’ve taken
To make this happen, you will need to be someone we like. Joking. We want you to be how we described below, but let's face it there's no unicorn 🦄🦄🌟🌟 out there. You simply need to know what we thrive for, and what makes us tick. I think that's far more difficult that having these experience and skills:
- Several years’ experience with designing clear, elegant, interfaces and digital journeys
- A portfolio of projects that you can talk us through: the end result, the process you took, trade-offs you had to make, inspiration and design patterns that you’ve used.
- Experience with both App and web interfaces and journeys
- Experience in working fast with small start-up / agile teams to rapidly deliver and improve new digital products and services
- A deep understanding and appreciation of the various design patterns that dominate app and web interfaces, and where and when they should be used
- Positive attitude and outlook
- More importantly, have you build a bank before? Then yes, we want you. 🥇
You must be thinking by now, WHY the DESIGN TEAM?
Because you will work closely with a world class media team, learning and developing various skills, Be an integral part one of the leading design studio filled with a team of star class designers who've been building the digital banks you now own a card from. Yes.
Some of the things we deem benefits? 👑♛🤡
11:FS is just 2 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at most times. So think Flexible Working, competitive salary/day rate, and the autonomy to enable you to help shape the destiny of this great company. You'll be joining us to work with one of THE BEST teams in financial services. And this goes to saying that we have an outstanding team of company leaders, project leaders and subject matter of experts in every division you come into.
You only live once, make it count
*No agencies please, we're not trying to be rude, but very likely to ignore unsolicited CVs because its just not the way we do things here! 🤞*