Finance Businesss Partner
We are looking for Finance Business Partner to join 11FS, responsible for all finance related matters within our Consulting Business. The role will report in to our Finance Director.
Working closely with the Consulting Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the financial integrity of the business whilst at the same time providing the necessary ad-hoc support to the wider Consulting Team
We see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of start-ups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
- Lead, manage, and support on the project reporting of our Consultancy Projects.
- Weekly Project profitability reporting of revenue, cost and margin.
- Weekly Consulting KPI metrics reporting (manage financials and review non-financials)
- Revenue recognition and cost tracking
- Billable Expense Tracking
- Project Variance Analysis of all spend and resources.
- Review Pricing submissions for all proposals.
Finance and Project Administration
- Create Project Accounts in Xero.
- Work with the PMO to ensure project related records including contracts and change requests are maintained.
- Authorize access to project accounts.
- Create and approve all project related billings to customers.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to clients.
- Oversee the completion of all required finance and tax related documentation in respect of Live Projects.
Controls / Audit
- Revenue assurance: reconcile revenue from Mavenlink to Xero Sales Invoicing.
- Review timesheets for work related to a project against baseline.
- Reconcile all third-party invoices to timesheets.
- Reconcile all project billable expenses.
- Approve all third-party invoices for payment.
- Review and approve all sales invoices to be issued to clients.
- Creation and maintenance of Consulting Budgets.
- Support FC / AR to ensure all project receivables are received in a timely manner.
Finance and Resource Reporting
- Preparation of financial elements of Monthly Service Line Reporting and review non-financials
- Review and reconcile Xero to Mavenlink (ERP / project tracking system) on a monthly basis..
- Undertake monthly SL meetings in conjunction with FD and Consulting Leads.
- Weekly Revenue Forecasting and Sales Pipeline analysis in conjunction with PMO.
- Support on Utilisation analysis and weekly capacity planning and forecasting.
Core Skills & Experience
- Part-qualified accountant with 3+ years of experience.
- Project Accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of Harvest and Xero. (essential). Mavenlink (desired).
- Experience managing relationships with non-finance colleagues.
- Analytical nature, with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of revenue recognition and accounting principles.
- Solution focussed with a bias to action
- Professional service experience and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
You'll be joining us to work with one of THE BEST teams in financial services, we have an outstanding team of company leaders, project leaders and subject matter of experts in every part of the business.
- Discretionary bonus - profit share
- Flexible working
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.