We’re looking for an experienced production and business leader to head up our media team. Working closely with our CMO, you will be responsible for driving growth of the 11:FS brand through a wide range of content and experiences.
In just two years, we’ve built a thriving global community around our brand with a network of podcasts, thousands of videos and blogs, and dozens of owned events. We’re now looking to scale our media operations even further as our business expands into new verticals and territories. You will be a big part of the engine for that significant growth.
We see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
As Executive Producer, you’ll oversee our awesome media team and the volumes of content they create. Your role will focus on four key areas:
Lead, manage, and support our fantastic media team as we expand globally.
- Provide clarity and alignment on the vision for our media business
- Develop 5/1-year strategy to deliver on dept OKRs
- Support and challenge your team to grow with learning & development opportunities and personalised growth plans
Content Production & Distribution
Oversee all production output from the media team and drive growth through global distribution
- Set your team up for success in the week-to-week work they do
- Bring proven industry best practices and perspective to add to our dept operations and continually push new ways of working to keep us at the forefront of the industry
- Drive improvements in quality and quantity of output where needed and where there is opportunity
- Identify areas for new content streams or media platforms
- Drive reach and exposure through effective and efficient distribution for our BAU content as well as our campaigns, ensuring resources are effectively deployed across both
- Identify distribution partnerships within our industry and more mainstream media
Push us forward with creative campaign ideas and opportunities in priority markets.
- Identify opportunities to take creative risks within our current productions
- Bring big ideas to the table that push us out of our comfort zone
- Develop a system that encourages the constant flow of creative ideas
- Ensure our brand is consistently breaking through and standing out in priority markets in the FS industry and beyond
Drive revenue and maximise ROI from our media activities
- Work with commercial lead and CMO to optimise sales of media sponsorship
- Identify new areas of revenue generation with current or future output
- Track key budgets for department and ensure return is maximised against costs
Core Skills & Experience
- Ideally have 10+ years experience in multi-media content creation, ideally in multiple markets
- Experience developing, producing, and distributing podcasts
- Experience developing, producing and distributing digital video
- Experience developing and managing content and distribution partnerships
- Experience leading creative teams
- Passion for and proven track record in developing talent
- Start-up mentality, if not start-up experience - comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Discretionary bonus - profit share
- Flexible working
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*