Technical Solution Architect - Foundry
Who are we, what do we do? 🚀🌟
11:FS Foundry is building the next generation of banking products for some of the biggest banks, smallest startups and everything in between.
We have pulled together a stellar team who have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, Nutmeg and Tandem. Our ultimate aim is to transform financial services across the world, and positively impact the lives of millions of customers by delivering truly digital financial services to retail, business, corporate, insurance, and asset management customers.
What is 11:FS Foundry and what do we do? 🚀🌟
11:FS Foundry is built from the industry-wide recognition that core banking is ready for massive disruption. Banks and financial services firms all over the world are built on out-dated, monolithic systems that are complicated, prone to failures and costly to maintain. Fintechs looking to challenge the status quo often face prohibitive costs of adopting these same old systems, or the daunting task of building something new from scratch.
11:FS Foundry will revolutionise the playing field by offering a modular, cloud-based platform that allows large and small players launch new financial services and products in a matter of minutes rather than months. 11:FS Foundry entered into a partnership with DNB - Norway’s largest financial services group, to bring the platform to market this year. To achieve this and change the core shape of the financial services industry, we need the best talent in the market. Come and get on the rocket ship.
Who you will be?
We are looking for someone to lead the engineering team responsible for integrating Foundry into one of our key customers. This role is multifaceted and would suit someone with a strong technical/software development background but who also is happy with working very closely with the business, engineering and executive teams inside our client. Social skills and empathy are as important as low level technical skills.
The team will be building on top of the core Foundry platform and APIs and will be helping our client create a new event driven architecture that will be the basis of a longer term move to a real time infrastructure.
So what will you do? 💼🤓
- Be responsible for and participate in the implementation of high-quality Integration Packages (building APIs, Integration Data and developing microservices where applicable) this will include design, development, processing, testing and deployment across the Foundry Engineering team and the client.
- Work hand-in-hand with the client to ensure integration requirements are clear and ensure that requirements are met.
- Collaborate with business analysts to ensure that the flow of data supports the business use cases and work with the engineering team to prioritise data gaps.
- Work with peers to develop policy and standards, share knowledge and collaborate with those around you to build and deliver solutions.
- Identify integration patterns and share this knowledge widely with other teams to improve future engineering efforts and future integrations
- Lead small multi-skilled agile teams to deliver designs and support the deployment and delivery across the suite of required integrations
- Advise on new technologies and approaches internally and with our clients.
- Demonstrable experience of leading complex full lifecycle integration projects / programmes iteratively across supplier, client and required 3rd parties.
- Demonstrable hands on experience of leading complex integration projects and programmes in an agile delivery framework across full programme reach and lifecycle.
- Worked with and have a good understanding of SaaS / PaaS products and APIs.
- Curiosity, empathy and always striving to gain a deeper understanding of user and client needs.
- Clearly articulate and technically understand, low-level/component designs and artefacts for multi-tiered, modern software applications, including APIs, Integration and Microservices based applications and services
- Experience with the automation of software delivery processes, i.e. CI/CD,
- Configuration Management using technologies like Docker etc.
- Experience integrating legacy systems into modern architectural patterns
- Experience with a Java/Kotlin/Scala framework, strong AWS or similar experience, Kubernetes experience
- Strong testing experience across integrations
It would also be an advantage if you can show you have:
- Previous experience in banking, payments or other financial service products integrated products.
- Experience of large scale / complex system integration implementation and data migrations.
- Discretionary bonus - profit share
- Flexible working
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*