Senior Research and Strategy Lead
Who are we, what do we do?
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Purpose of Role:
In this role you’ll be working in the heart of the dynamic and constantly evolving Fintech space. You’ll play a central role in defining, developing and launching services all around the world which fundamentally change the way that finance works. The research you lead will identify opportunities for us to design and build new financial services that serve currently unmet customer needs. Our ambition is to create new businesses which have the customer at their centre. You’ll be working directly alongside designers, developers and product managers to get new products and experiences into market and into the hands of customers as quickly as possible.
What you'll be doing:
Senior Customer Strategy Lead (Senior Research and Strategy Lead):
- Draw on the latest thinking and techniques in user centred design and design thinking, using a variety of different research methodologies.
- Apply Jobs to be Done thinking to identify underserved opportunities in the market to create differentiated digitally native propositions.
- Design a research approach around 11:FS’s core principles, the context of the client’s business problem and the cultural differences of the market.
- Conduct end-to-end qualitative research including; recruitment, writing discussion guides and analysis. This could include a range of techniques such as ethnographic research, depth interviews and co-creation through early adopter community building.
- Create inspiring ways to tell real human stories from the research.
- Conduct quantitative research to validate the qualitative insights and segment the market. This includes; writing questionnaires, creating sample plans and analysing data.
- Work with designers and product managers to run design sprints based on all the discovery work around the customer, the market and competitors.
- Work closely with the product manager to create a product vision, minimum loveable product (MLP) and roadmap of features that are grounded in customer jobs and brought to life with real human stories.
- Work closely with the branding specialist to create the foundations of brand identity and ensure the product and brand are tightly woven around the customer.
- Play a key role in the development of the 11:FS consultancy team including; owning internal initiatives, actively helping to win new business and get involved in marketing campaigns around your area of specialism.
- Have 7+ years experience in research, product or a design related role.
- Have an academic background in psychology, sociology, anthropology, business, design or a related subject.
- Be comfortable working in an agile environment with a multi-disciplinary team including people with backgrounds in; product, design, operations, engineering, and subject matter experts.
- Have excellent client management skills with the ability to build strong trusted relationships.
- Be a confident leader with the appetite to run projects, workshops and training (both internally and externally).
- Have the ability to think in an integrated way. That is to hold multiple concepts and tensions in your head and find a path forward.
- Be a good coach to other members of the team, everyone should have something they can teach others.
- Must have experience managing and delivering qualitative research in early stage design projects, either for a startup or a consultancy.
- We’re especially interested in those with deep experience in ethnographic research and cultural studies.
- Experience in running quantitative research is a huge advantage. If not, you must at least be comfortable working with data and eager to learn.
- Have a strong commercial awareness, be able to write winning proposals and advance the consulting team’s business development efforts.
- Knowledge of how core banking, payments and various elements of retail banking work is a huge bonus.
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)