Senior Customer Strategy Lead
Who are we, what do we do? 🚀🌟
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love.
What you'll be doing, 💼🤓
Senior Customer Strategy Lead:
- draw on the latest thinking and techniques in user centred design and design thinking, using a variety of different research methodologies.
- apply Jobs to be Done thinking to identify underserved opportunities in the market to create differentiated digitally native propositions.
- design a research approach around 11:FS’s core principles, the context of the client’s business problem and the cultural differences of the market.
- conduct end-to-end qualitative research including; recruitment, writing discussion guides and analysis. This could include a range of techniques such as ethnographic research, depth interviews and co-creation through early adopter community building.
- create inspiring ways to tell real human stories from the research.
- conduct quantitative research to validate the qualitative insights and segment the market. This includes; writing questionnaires, creating sample plans and analysing data.
- work with designers and product managers to run design sprints based on all the discovery work around the customer, the market and competitors.
- work closely with the product manager to create a product vision, minimum loveable product (MLP) and roadmap of features that are grounded in customer jobs and brought to life with real human stories.
- work closely with the branding specialist to create the foundations of brand identity and ensure the product and brand are tightly woven around the customer.
- play a key role in the development of the 11:FS consultancy team including; owning internal initiatives, actively helping to win new business and get involved in marketing campaigns around your area of specialism.
- Have 7+ years experience in research, product or a design related role.
- Have an academic background in psychology, sociology, anthropology, business, design or a related subject.
- Be comfortable working in an agile environment with a multi-disciplinary team including people with backgrounds in; product, design, operations, engineering, and subject matter experts.
- Have excellent client management skills with the ability to build strong trusted relationships.
- Be a confident leader with the appetite to run projects, workshops and training (both internally and externally).
- Have the ability to think in an integrated way. That is to hold multiple concepts and tensions in your head and find a path forward.
- Be a good coach to other members of the team, everyone should have something they can teach others.
- Must have experience managing and delivering qualitative research in early stage design projects, either for a startup or a consultancy.
- We’re especially interested in those with deep experience in ethnographic research and cultural studies.
- Experience in running quantitative research is a huge advantage. If not, you must at least be comfortable working with data and eager to learn.
- Have a strong commercial awareness, be able to write winning proposals and advance the consulting team’s business development efforts.
- Knowledge of how core banking, payments and various elements of retail banking work is a huge bonus.
Why work with us?
11:FS is just 3 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at times. So think flexible working and competitive salary. Working with us you will get the chance to build out a software platform that will revolutionise financial services, as well as becoming part of a team that genuinely wants to make a difference.
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*