Agile Business Analyst: 11:FS Foundry, Perm
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love.
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to work with our agile feature teams.
Collaboratively gather business requirements and turn these into detailed, unambiguous and accurate specifications suitable for a technical team.
- Collaborate with the team and Product Owner on backlog refinement sessions
- Work closely with Product Owner on detailed requirements and user stories
- Facilitate discussions and deep dives into technical requirements
- Support the product owner on all things related to the product backlog and roadmap
- Work with the wider team to improve transparency and quality across the organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements
- Ability to conduct user acceptance and exploratory testing
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Experience with data visualization techniques and tools
- Knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- At least four years’ experience as a professional Business Analyst
- Experience working in a mature Scrum organisation
- Excellent communication
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Supports team
- Works with high integrity
- Maintains a strong delivery focus
- Discretionary bonus - profit share
- Flexible working
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.