We are looking for Scala engineers at all skill levels to work on multiple consulting and delivery projects. You could be working on Foundry, our ledger-first flexible core banking platform. You could be building a digital banking proposition in the UK or worldwide. We’re fans of the JVM, and write most of our code in Scala and/or Java. Ideally you’ll know one of those languages pretty well, and be open to learning another.
We know that building high performance, highly scalable, always available, fault tolerant systems is a team game and so we want to know that you play well with others. Lone geniuses are brilliant - just not for us.
We strongly believe that you grow a system, rather than build it, so our architecture and infrastructure is designed to allow us to roll small bits of code to production really fast. And really often. At a minimum we want to see that you have experience of working in cloud based, continuous deployment type environments and that you can demonstrate that you understand that with this awesome power comes a lot of responsibility to make sure you are doing things right.
We see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
Your Technical Skills (varies with experience level)
- Scala/Java experience (other functional programming language considered Kotlin, Python, Go etc.)
- Experience building Microservices
- Test automation and Continuous Integration & Delivery practices
- Infrastructure tools – AWS, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes
- Agile/iterative software development experience
- Experience with CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic with technology decisions
- Understanding product-focussed software development i.e. principals such as minimum viable product
- Discretionary bonus - profit share
- Flexible working
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*