Scrum Master, 11:FS Foundry: Permanent
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love.
Guide your team(s) on how to use Agile best practices and get the most out of self-organisation.
- Facilitate sprint planning sessions and backlog refinement sessions
- Facilitate sprint review meetings to review the scope and functionality delivered in previous sprint
- Hold daily scrum meetings to enable team to synchronise work and communicate issues and impediments to the Product Owner
- Assist the Product Owner in backlog refinement sessions and maintaining a prioritised backlog
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove them
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame.
- Facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolution within your team and across teams
- Support the product owner especially with respect to backlog refinement sessions and maintaining a prioritised backlog
- Assist with internal and external communication, work with other scrum masters and the wider team to improve transparency across the organisation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment
- Self-starter who knows how to commit and deliver
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic with technology decisions
- Understanding product-focussed software development i.e. principals such as minimum viable product
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to admit it when you are wrong and learn from it
- Independence and self-motivation while still being able to work with others collaboratively
- Desire to always improve and learn new things
Why work with us?
11:FS is just 3 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at times. So think flexible working and competitive salary. Working with us you will get the chance to build out a software platform that will revolutionise financial services, as well as becoming part of a team that genuinely wants to make a difference.
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*