At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customer's reputation is as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love.
About 11:FS Consulting
Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally. Yet we don’t work like a consultancy, or an agency, or research house for that matter.
We are designing and launching new fintech startups for our clients and ourselves and treat every opportunity like a business, not a project.
To do this we hire great people and get out of their way.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Software Architect to work on multiple consulting and delivery projects.
- Someone who has had experience in building high performance, highly scalable, fault tolerant systems in the capacity of an Architect or Engineer (not necessarily in finance!)
- Someone who can point to successful software systems they have designed and/or built.
- Someone who wants to work in consulting, and enjoys working with clients / creating solutions to clients’ problems.
- A person with outstanding communication skills who can respond to customer needs and think on their feet.
- Someone client-facing, with excellent written communication skills as well as technical design/documentation ability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with technical and non-technical clients, often on site with them (so travel is part of the role at times)
- Working with our group CTO and architecture teams to design solutions that align with our overall architectural principles (for example we are big fans of CQRS and Event Sourcing)
- Working with the cross-functional delivery teams who will deliver what you’ve helped design
Why work with us?
11:FS is just 3 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at times. So think flexible working and competitive day rate. Working with us you will get the chance to build out a software platform that will revolutionise financial services, as well as becoming part of a team that genuinely wants to make a difference.
*No agencies please. We will accept unsolicited CVs as free gifts, leaving us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to pursue the candidate.*