Who are we, what do we do? 🚀🌟
11:FS is the challenger firm defining and building digitally native financial services through technology, product and design expertise. At 11:FS we’ve assembled the world’s top banking, fintech and insurance leaders to transform traditional banks from within, and build new banking services from scratch.
We field interdisciplinary teams bringing the best designers, product experts, consultants, researchers, technologists and domain specialists together to deliver tangible outcomes in the shortest possible time frames. By combining corporate expertise with startup agility in the way we work, the way we think and the way we build propositions, we are uniquely placed to help overcome legacy systems, create new business models, and develop the best next-generation, customer-centric services.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn't really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly, and of most relevance to this role, we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation
What you'll be doing, 💼🤓
The operations team is now looking for a part-qualified (finalist) accountant to provide all-round support to the FD as the business scales. Some of the key responsibilities not limited to your day to day role include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (4 service lines and consolidated profit and loss account) for presentation at the monthly Board Meeting
- Ensuring debtors reconcile to invoice ledger
- Processing company and staff expenses via Spendeskl
- Ensuring creditors reconcile to purchase ledger and creditor accounts to supplier statements
- Posting Journals
- Bank reconciliations
- Weekly cash-flow forecasts
- Key point of contact for all company directors, financial advisers and external accountants
- VAT Returns
- Payment Runs
Ok, now to the crucial tips on how to be an excellent fit for us.
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Previous experience within Management Accounts and Financial Reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate with strong MS Excel skills
- Experience using Xero is essential – minimum 18 months.
- Analytical, deep thinking, challenge the norm
Some of the things we deem benefits? 👑♛🤡
11:FS is just 3 years old and whilst we are a startup, we don't behave like one at most times. So think Flexible Working, competitive salary/day rate, and the autonomy to enable you to help shape the destiny of this great company. You'll be joining us to work with one of THE BEST teams in financial services. And this goes to saying that we have an outstanding team of company leaders, project leaders and subject matter of experts in every division you come into.
You only live once, make it count
*No agencies please, we're not trying to be rude, but very likely to ignore unsolicited CVs because its just not the way we do things here! 🤞*