Who are we, what do we do?
Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Yet we don’t work like a consultancy, or an agency, or research house for that matter.
We are designing and launching new fintech startups for our clients and ourselves and treat every opportunity like a business, not a project.
To do this we hire great people and get out of their way.
Who are we looking for?
You have several years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience, where you have:
- Taken part in design sprints where you’ve practised ideation methods to rapidly get from insight to concept
- Developed a deep understanding and appreciation of UI patterns and where to use them across web and app
- Honed your UX practices to be able to rapidly make sense of a customer experience and map it across user flows, sketches and prototypes
- Grown your understanding of what makes a brand that people love and can apply that to every interaction with consistency
- Put things into the hands of customers quickly and often, using their feedback to iterate a product or idea
What will you be doing here?
- Taking new fintech concepts from ideation through to launch
- Practicing fast-paced, iterative design – drawing on your impressive design eye and intuition for simple UX patterns
- Working in small teams with thinkers, researchers and makers from all walks of life who are at the top of their game
What will you not be doing here?
- Working on one thing for years on end
- Working on one tiny detail as a small cog in a big machine
- Waiting for permission before doing anything – just go for it
What do we like?
You aren’t afraid of a blank page and have the conceptual and visual ability to draw on the UI patterns you already know, but add something special that makes people say ‘damn, that’s slick’.
You can tell a good story around any piece of work – it doesn't just look good, but you can explain why it's been created that way, to anyone who needs to hear it. And hopefully make them laugh along the way.
Any designer worth their salt can make a pretty UI, but we’re after exceptional thinkers who can make sense of the complicated and translate that into layouts that people instantly find familiar and usable.
We're not talking about motivation here, that should be a given. All of our people at all levels are free to own their work and think creatively. You need to care about the quality of the work you do and the impact it will have on the lives of the people you’re creating it for.
Do I need financial services experience?
It's definitely a bonus, but no you don't need it. We are not a bank and the studio couldn't be further from a banking environment.
If you arrive here really knowing your design onions, our research tool Pulse will give you access to every fintech UI you'd ever want to see to get you up to speed.
Who will you be working with?
In the last 3 years we have built an amazing team from the best in start-ups, design studios, agencies and financial services. Our people have co-founded and grown challengers like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond, and transformed banks.
You will be an integral member of the design tribe, working with people who've been creating the digital banks you now own a card from. Yes.
Find out more about us at www.11fs.com
Some of the things we deem benefits?
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
You only live once, make it count
*No agencies please, we're not trying to be rude, but very likely to ignore unsolicited CVs because its just not the way we do things here! *